tuning pin lubricant/piano launcher

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 15:16:33 -0500

>Has anyone thought of deliberate piano implosion?  That's right -
>deliberately weaken the structure, and finish the job with some carefully
>placed explosives, thereby using the energy from the string tension to cause
>the piano to fold up on itself with a minimum of flying parts.  If done
>properly, the pieces would be conveniently small enough to fit into
>conventional trash barrels.

What a lot of trouble to go to, Z! Why not just go with a couple of skcits
of implosive in the first place? Not too much though. Don't want to suck
the whole neighborhood in.

I wonder too, do implosives go MOOB when you set them off? I know light
bulbs go POP when you break them, which is naturally backward of the POP
that balloons make when you break them.

Ron N