Warped Lid

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 20:15:15 -0700

Bob & List,
This exemplifies the need for well grounded knowlege in wood and
wood-working. My Solution would be to make micro-fine cuts on the underside
fill the kerfs with glue, (hide glue would be my preference. Or Plastic
resin glue.) Bind the whole thing up in a large press w/a slight reverse
warp. Then pray. If it doesn't spring back to it's original configuration
then, simply get a good "touch-up" guy to blend where the cuts were.
Generally, a warp is a warp, is a warp and anything short of Nuclear
intervention will not get rid of it.
Regards,
Joe Garrett, (Oregon)