Restringing GM Yamahas

BobDavis88@AOL.COM BobDavis88@AOL.COM
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 01:56:51 EDT

Bill Ballard writes:

> .......3/0 x 2-1/2" pins? I'd go for that rather than 4/0 x
>  2-3/8,  the 3/0x2-1/2 size would spread out the impact of the o'sized
>  pins out through a longer hole.

One comment about using longer pins in a previously strung block: It can make
the pin tighter at the bottom than at the top, and feel funny. Yes it's only
the bottom 1/8" to 1/4", but I have experimented with longer pins and don't
like the feel. I'd make a choice between 3/0 and 4/0 as appropriate, but
stick with the same length.
Bob Davis