Sizing Balance rail holes

Paul McCloud pmc333@earthlink.net
Sat, 22 Sep 2001 08:18:01 -0700

Here's what NOT to do to balance rail holes.  CHAIR DOCTOR.  I thought
it would swell the hole (it did) but it doesn't dry hard or is slightly
tacky when dry.  It looked good in the bottle (thin like diluted white
glue).  When you play the key, it gives a little click noise as it first
moves.  I tried every kind of lube, eased the holes many times, sprayed
Mclube on the pins.  Nothing worked.  The piano has since been sold, and
I hope I don't have to meet up with it again, but you never know.
    Paul McCloud
    San Diego

--
mailto:pmc333@earthlink.net