Bolt strength

BobDavis88@AOL.COM BobDavis88@AOL.COM
Sat, 22 Sep 2001 13:55:37 EDT

Terry Farrell writes:

> after removing the clamps, I just
>  goobered on a new piece of felt to cover all evils.

Although the bolts should make it obvious that there's been a repair, I like
to leave the wound open, so anyone servicing the piano in the future can
easily keep an eye on its condition. If there's future separation, it's
better to know about it. I am even having the client sign a waiver, stating
that, to the best of my knowledge, this repair has a high rate of success,
but that they must accept any risk. They understand that I consider the risk
low enough that I think it better than junking the piano.
Bob Davis