FULL rebuilding evolution/uprights

Yardarm103669107@AOL.COM Yardarm103669107@AOL.COM
Sat, 22 Sep 2001 17:56:55 EDT

Dave:
We do both grands and uprights and have just recently completed a Steinway
upright from 1872--board and block, etc. However, we only work by contract,
so I don't know how to speak to your question of market and value in market.
I would only say that if you transfer the cost of grand rebuilding to
upright, it might give you some idea of what you need to charge to recover
costs. I think that the same principles probably apply.

As far as changing our attitudes toward rebuilding, it certainly has been an
additional challenge; I'll take fun and interest as a substitute for dollars
up to a point.

PR-J