FULL rebuilding evolution/uprights

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Sun, 23 Sep 2001 14:28:55 -0500

Hi Dave,
              No argument from me on the stiffness of the blocks, spacers,
and back post.  We have been using 1" dowel stock and epoxy to ensure the
security of all these joints, it makes a big difference in both tone and
tuning stability.
Drill a hole at 45 degrees in the corners fill with epoxy, hammer in the
maple dowel and watch that stuff squeeze out all over the place.  Then use
a flush cut saw to trim to the corner.

I figure that we need to charge $2000 to $2500 for a new board minimum.
That's where the question mark begins.

Regards Roger.