Need Stwy leg

Tom Servinsky tompiano@gate.net
Sun, 23 Sep 2001 19:14:29 -0400

Dale,
Contact James Reeder in Lansing, MI, Reeder Piano Rebuilders.  He has a =
contact who specializes in leg reproductions.  He did a beautiful job on =
a set of authentic reproduction legs  ( fireplug style) for a Steinway A =
from 1890's.  jmr@bluthnerpiano.com
He not only did the legs but also created the pedal lyre columns to =
match.
Tom Servinsky,RPT
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Erwinpiano=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Sunday, September 23, 2001 11:29 AM
  Subject: Need Stwy leg

  Hi List
  =20
       I posted this before and I thought i'd try this again. I =
purchased a Stwy B from the 1930's that has picture frame legs typical =
of that era however one is missing. Does anyone know where I can find =
one of these or have one made. Come on now put on your collective =
thinking caps I'm desperate. The piano came from a movie studio where =
one leg was obviously snapped off.
        My other option is to buy a set of new but ever so plain ones.
      Thanks in advance for your brilliant replys.
         =20
      Dale Erwin