1 string, 2 strings, 3 strings or more

Isaac OLEG SIMANOT oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Mon, 24 Sep 2001 08:25:54 +0200

Hello,

>From when (and who) is your information ?.

Generally admitted here is that Steinway Hammers are made by Renner and that
the felt is made by Wurzen, in fact an (ex)RDA factory that Renner bought
and that produce very good felt, springy and resilient but not too
hard(little yellow too on the quality used by Renner).

Indeed there had been changes in felt (and moldings now) on S&S Hamburg
since 2 years approx.

Did you understand that Abel had again the fabrication of Steinway hammers ?

They had from a time, then it came back to Renner. I may check that , and
will let you know.

At first I would not believe what felt and hammer dealers would tell me.

I will ask Renner directly, as we have a friend working there.

Regards.

Isaac