touch weight

John M. Formsma jformsma@dixie-net.com
Mon, 24 Sep 2001 22:02:51 -0500

Terry,

<<A customer wants the touch weight on his Young Chang vert increased. I So
before I get started, I wanted to ask for ideas and opinions. ... I'd like
to get feedback on this and
any other methods that are quick and easy. thanks!>>

I remember some discussion a while back about the use of those spring paper
clips available at an office supply place, and also through Pianotek. I
think the method was to clip them on the catcher shank. Very quick, easy,
and removable. Though I've not had to do this yet, I have a customer who
wants a heavier touch on her Yamaha U1, so I am going to try it, too. Let us
know how it works.

John M. Formsma
Blue Mountain, MS
PTG Associate, Memphis Chapter