Are online "ebay" type pianos a good idea?

Tue, 25 Sep 2001 04:14:28 -0500

At 22:14 09/24/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>I was wondering if you guys would discourage me.........

Caveat emptor.

If you go into the auction with the assumption that you will be rebuilding
it after purchase, then anything you _don't_ have to do to it would be a
bonus, right?

If you are the average comsumer who thinks that they will just have to tune
it and all will be fine for 20 years...  a rude awakening is likely.

My 2¢.

Conrad - who, BTW, has had very good luck in the eBay camera section.