Sizing of pin bushings

John M. Formsma jformsma@dixie-net.com
Tue, 25 Sep 2001 07:30:50 -0500

Gordon,

<<John,  Are you asking me if I can use denatured alcohol? or are you
telling
me that I can use it in place of methanol mixed with water?.>>

Yes, as far as I understand it, you can use denatured alcohol. The alcohol
gets the water into the bushing, and I don't think it particularly matters
whether you use ethanol or methanol. Ethanol is drinkable corn alcohol, and
methanol is some sort of wood alcohol (I think). I'm sure if this is
incorrect, someone on the list will correct it.

John M. Formsma
Blue Mountain, MS
PTG Associate, Memphis Chapter

mailto:jformsma@dixie-net.com