Damper Lever Rebuild

David M. Porritt dm.porritt@verizon.net
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 07:35:28 -0500

I promise that if you do these hammer butt springs, that piano will
be "completely rebuilt" in the mind of the owner.  I know "Ima Hack"
is out there, but I really think most of the "completely rebuilt"
misunderstandings are from simple repair jobs like this that cost
more than a normal tuning, therefore it's been "completely....."

Many years ago I had a customer - owner of a dilapidated upright, but
with new bridle straps - tell me that it had been completely rebuilt.
 "He kept the action for a couple of days and it cost $80.00 so I
know it's been completely rebuilt."

dave

On 9/26/01 at 5:38 AM Brian Trout wrote:

>Hi Terry,
>
>I did a set of hammer butt springs which sound
>kinda similar to what you're looking at.
>
>Follow Roger's advice and a couple of hours
>later, you'll probably be saying something like
>"that wasn't as hard as I thought it would be,
>and it didn't take as long as I thought either."
>
>Good luck.
>
>Brian T.
>

>=====
>Brian Trout
>Grand Restorations
>3090 Gause Blvd., #202
>Slidell, LA  70461
>985-649-2700
>GrandRestorations@yahoo.com

>Get email alerts & NEW webcam video instant messaging with Yahoo!
Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com

David M. Porritt
dporritt@mail.smu.edu
Meadows School of the Arts