String Question

Stephen Airy stephen_airy@yahoo.com
Thu, 27 Sep 2001 01:58:04 -0700 (PDT)

>From what I understand from the Reblitz book, aren't
false beats caused by improper seating or notching at
the bridge pins?  I think this would seem to have the
effect of slightly changing the string length as it's
vibrating cause the string makes contact with the
bridge AND pin then with the pin only or with the far
side of the pin (away from speaking length) or the
close side of the pin....   Correct me if I'm wrong...

--- Richard Brekne <Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no>