Economic crisis/music industry

Rodney Pritchett rodneycp@bellsouth.net
Thu, 27 Sep 2001 20:15:47 -0400

David Renaud wrote:

> The state of our music industry is of concern.
> This was posted by a New York pro-clarinetist to the
> clarinet list and is forwarded here.... Interesting.
>                               Dave Renaud

And this from the Finale list:

Hello list

Checking in from Las Vegas, ghost town, where 90% or better of the
musicians have been laid off. For those of us that rely on live
performance the immediate future seems rather dim. I'm wondering if your
experiences are similar. In any case we will all be fine in
the end as musicians always find a way.
Stay strong my brothers and sisters!

Rodney Pritchett
Marietta, GA