THE SOLUTION FOR TERRORISM

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Fri, 28 Sep 2001 07:07:09 -0400

Wonerfully put Mr. Love.

Terry Farrell =20
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: David Love=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Friday, September 28, 2001 2:37 AM
  Subject: Re: THE SOLUTION FOR TERRORISM

  I read Mr Kinnear's message to mean that our fight is not with the =
Afghani people but with the terrorists.  The war needs to be fought on =
many levels and Muslim public opinion is an important part.  A =
demonstration by the US that we have no quarrel with refugees who are =
now in a very compromising position with the Taliban having confiscated =
food supplies is a perfectly viable consideration.  The Taliban's hold =
on Afghanistan is tenuous and this may help to further deteriorate it.  =
I don't equate such a strategy with pacifism in the way you have =
suggested.  Remember, Ghandi said that if you see a man running down the =
street shooting people, the pacifistic thing to do may be to kill him to =
prevent further harm to others.   The solution to this problem is =
obviously complex.  Remember also that the very thing we are fighting =
for is our ability to express our opinions freely and engage in honest =
debate.  Shouting people down is rather, well, un-American. =20

  David Love

    ----- Original Message -----=20