tuneoff?

Richard Brekne rbrekne@broadpark.no
Fri, 28 Sep 2001 18:19:06 +0200

Sounds good to me Ron. And I echo you desire for a more informational approach
to doing these. Course the difficulty remains in defining the criteria for
judging a tuning.

Seems actually like an easy task to me tho... simply sample each note after the
tuning is done, recording partial information for partials 1-12 (or as high up
the partial ladder as the treble strings allow), then pump the data into a
number cruncher to reveal all relavant beat rates....  Nothing could be
clearer...:)

Regardless of how its done... a fair and impartial and objective criteria for
assesment of the tunings is the most important hitch me thinks. But I am with
you all the way !

RicB