Brambach bridge

Phillip L Ford fordpiano@lycos.com
Fri, 28 Sep 2001 19:05:43 0000

Del,
This is from a post of a few days ago.
----
So, Jack, what can you tell us about the various Brambach pianos? The
only ones I've encountered had actions with a bunch of wire parts in
them that didn't work all that well. Oh, yes, and the one with the tenor
bridge that went pretty much all the way to the end of the rim that I
couldn't make a decent scale out of no matter how hard I tried.

It has been my impression that Brambach was determined to build a grand
piano that the masses could afford, and in that he was successful. These
were not pianos intended to be rebuilt lo these many decades later.

Regards,

Del
----
I'm not familiar with this bridge.  Does it go all the way to the rim at the top
end or at the bottom end or both?  Do you consider it a design flaw to have
a bridge that goes all the way to the rim and why?

Phil

---
Phillip Ford
Piano Service & Restoration