Unique Tuning Pin Coils

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Fri, 28 Sep 2001 17:16:25 -0500

>But on
>both strings, the coils that were on the forward pins, the coils were wound
>upward from the becket - yes, that's right, the coils are above the becket -

I've seen this when 1) the pin was loose in the block and driving it in
deeper with the inverted coil got the guy out of the house, and 2) when the
counter bearing bar was so tall relative to the coil bottom that the
strings on pins closest to the bar were climbing the coil and breaking, and
3) from someone fresh out of the box who wasn't real sure how he got there
in the first place.

>That's all the fun for now! No to go with my son for his first time playing
>the clarinet in a high school marching band!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    :-)
>He is sooooooo cool!!!!!!!!!!!      :-)
>
>Terry Farrell

Ooom-pa.

Ron N