Unlacquered S&S hammers: was Re: Tensioned hammers and"the staple"

Richard Brekne rbrekne@broadpark.no
Sat, 29 Sep 2001 10:44:22 +0200

David Love wrote:

> The original question was whether or not heavy filing off the crown was
> necessary on a S&S hammer in order to produce tone without lacquer.

Didnt pick up on that on first reading... As I have never removed felt from
the top of a hammer (or like very very little) I didnt even think thats what
you meant when you said "take felt off the top..."

Sorry about that... I understand what you are describing now clearly...

oppps.. :)

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.