Brambach bridge

Sat, 29 Sep 2001 14:12:26 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Delwin D Fandrich" <pianobuilders@olynet.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: September 29, 2001 1:54 PM
Subject: Re: Brambach bridge

> With a piano this short--148 cm (5' 8"+)--

Duh!

With a piano this short--148 cm (4' 10")....

Since this falls in the middle of the two smaller sizes Jack describes, I
assume it was probably one of the Style B pianos. I agree with Jack, by the
way, these were reasonably well made pianos and could be expected to last
quite well given decent care. I can't say much for the actions either good
or bad, those I've encountered had been pretty much mangled before I got to
them and it was easier to simply replace them. But that's not the actions
fault--or the builders, for that. Except for one in the Style B described
earlier. It was our own piano and we ended up trashing the whole thing.

Del