THE SOLUTION FOR TERRORISM

Diane Hofstetter dianepianotuner@hotmail.com
Sun, 30 Sep 2001 11:54:13 -0700

Roger,

To a man who I believe knows a lot about temperance,

>                Make no mistake there while there is great support
>Internationally for America over this horrendous disaster.  There is also a
>great deal of pressure to exercise temperance.

Everyone needs temperance.  If only we human beings could look where our
similiarities lie and see the beauty in our differences.  This has, to a
large extent, been the case in the US, just look at the photos of the
Americans who were killed in the WTC.  Do they not include many, many ethnic
backgrounds?

>This is not AMERICA'S  NEW  WAR as you your press likes to brag and
>glorify,
>but a global problem.  Travel out side your own country, and you will see
>an
>entirely different perspective.

To many, if not most of us living in the US, it _IS_ new.  It has not been
in our consciousness as a nation to live in fear that our flight is likely
to be hijacked, or that we could be killed in our offices on Tuesday
morning.  We have felt relatively safe, as long as we have avoided going
down dark, unlit streets at night in bad areas of big cities.  It may not
have been realistic, as you point out, but that is they way it has been in
our country--until last week.

(I might mention that I have also felt reasonably safe the many times I have
visited in cities throughout Canada.)

Hope you are well-------------and safe!
Regards,
Diane