Shear/Ron's comment

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 18:44:33 -0700

Ron,
You, of course, are correct. However, originally we were talking about
''split" bridge repair. To reinforce a slightly loose pin in hole is one
thing. And there is no "shear" to speak of.
However, if the bridge is cracked, then that makes the wood suspect, to
begin with. Therefore, even reinforcing the pores of the wood with CA, will
not always take care of the problem. That was basically my point. And, since
I've had to re-do a few that have had the CA treatment prior to me, it is my
conclusion that CA is NOT the appropriate thing to use for a spit/cracked
bridge. Epoxy is more appropriate. OR, if it's a decent piano, make a new
cap, at least. My reason for saying these things, is that not all who are on
this list are at the level of me or you. Especially when it comes to wood
working skills.[G]
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)

I'm never lost, because everyone is telling me where to go. <G>