Alan Barnard -Please Fix Your Clock

Scott Jackson jurjens@tpg.com.au
Thu, 1 Aug 2002 14:17:08 +1000

Some email software lets you choose whether you want your messages
stamped with your own local time, or the senders local time. That's
why you can send it at one time, but have it recorded as a different
time on someone else's computer. It's their problem!

Didn't the Swatch company invent "Internet Time" for us all to use as
a zone-free system?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alan R. Barnard" <mathstar@salemnet.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Thursday, 1 August 2002 3:37
Subject: Re: Alan Barnard -Please Fix Your Clock

Can't explain it, system clock is correct. I think the whole world
should just switch to GMT (Zulu) and have it be the same time
everywhere at all times. Not "Daylight Savings," no time zones, no
converting.  While we're at at, let's get rid of stupid AM and PM and
just use the 24 hour clock like the military!

Sending at 1836 Zulu.

Alan