Tarn-X

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 09:29:42 EDT

In a message dated 02/08/02 8:48:02 AM, Wimblees@AOL.COM writes:

<< If I do use it, will it eat it, or pit it, or will I get good
results?

Wim;
 There are several formulations of Tarn-X. The silver cleaner formulation is
meant for use with the more noble metals such as silver/gold/platinum, etc.
Most brass has some percentage of zinc and the zinc will not react well to
Tarn-X if left in contact for too long. Some pitting and discoloration may
happen if left on too long.....
 If you do decide to use it be sure to rinse the brass very well with water
and dry thoroughly. This will stop all chemical reaction between Tarn-X and
any less noble metals......
Jim Bryant (FL)