Musical Soundwaves

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 07:18:10 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Fellow Techs,
     The University here has an 1896 Steinway B in
which someone installed a Teflon (TM) action back in
the 60's. It is all gummed up and otherwise does not
work properly, making the piano unplayable. I have a
barely used, excellent condition set of regular parts
to replace them, and am trying to convince  University
officials of the value of the labor involved,
including a hammer filing, thorough action regulation
and replacements of the backchecks. Your comments on
what this amount of work is worth would  be most
appreciated, and I will be showing these comments to
the aforementioned parties. I am a meticulous, careful
technician with 25 years experience.
     Most Sincerely,
     Gordon Lee Stelter