Action 'replacement (was:Re: Musical Soundwaves)

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 10:13:50 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks Jim!
     Actually, that was a bit of a trick question. The
truth be known, I ALREADY replaced all the smelly,
gooey ( cooking oils & pets, I think ) stinking,
sticking Teflon (TM) parts on this 1896 B with much
nicer ones from other pianos, refelted the keybed,
replaced the backchecks and and fully regulated the
action. I did all this because the University said
that I could play the piano for Sunday brunch ( for
pay ) and that sounded like fun! Then they decided to
let students ( much less accomplished ) play the
brunch, and I am now out for all that labor, on a
piano that the University's own technicians said could
not be fixed!!!!!!!  I would simply like to show them
what some other technicians would have charged ( for
the labor only. Parts have been paid for ) thereby
giving them an opprtunity to compensate me if their
conciences(?) bug them!
    Most Sincerely
    Gordon