Musical Soundwaves

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 17:16:17 -0700 (PDT)

Del. I recently finished a bridge with epoxy, letting
a little spread out over the soundboard at the base,
then finished the board with catalyzed varnish
( bowling alley finish) with the thought that this
would transmit vibrations very quickly across the face
of the board. It' ot strung yet, but by the "knock
test" seems to have  a glorious,resonant
"THUNGGGGGGGGGG" (like a Victorian Knabe board ) as
opposed to its prior "thud". Am I on the right track?
Any other suggestions?
     Gordon