Tarn-X

Kevin E. Ramsey ramsey@extremezone.com
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 18:02:11 -0700

Of course, Gordon, I knew you had a reason for your posting, and I'm =
glad you shared it with us. My opinion is that we are always exposed to =
things that one study or another has found to be damaging to human =
tissue, we can't avoid that, and we do have to be careful, but it's =
possible to worry too much about avoiding exposure. We can't go back =
into the womb, after all. I used to go to an all nude beach with a =
fellow RPT, hey it was fun, but think of all the radiation I must have =
been exposed to! Just eating tomatoes is cancinerous. =20
    Of course, adequate breathing protection while working with =
chemicals, not to mention protecting your hearing while tuning etc., is =
very important, but hey, you're born and life exacts it's price tag.=20

    (There's another signature for you Joe)
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: gordon stelter=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Friday, August 02, 2002 5:10 PM
  Subject: Re: Tarn-X

  Sorry if I came off as a fanatic, but with continual
  messages about this and that technician  ( including
  my very dear friend the late Harvey N. Roehl,
  publisher of Reblitz's and many other books at his
  Vestal Press ) dying of cancer, I believe we should
  all consider the accumulative danger of the chemicals
  we use in this trade!!!
       And as one who was hospitalized in 1977 for being
  careless with lacquer, I now am EXTREMELY cautious
  about all toxins, and have  found it "good business",
  too! I no longer suffer from "down time" due to
  exposures, or make stupid, costly mistakes while
  "under the influence"!!!
      After all, we are in this business to earn money
  to maintain our bodies in good health and afford a
  little relaxation time, right? ( Or are we here to
  sacrifice our good health tirelessly restoring objects
  which will ultimately fall into disrepair and be
  thrown away?)
       Cheers!
       Gordon Stelter