Musical Soundwaves

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 18:09:11 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks Newton!
  That was actually an hypothetical question, as I
have already replaced all the parts, compensated for
the slight changes in geometry you mention, regulated,
etc.. It is FAR more playable now than previously, a
major concern as my "gig" in the dining hall was 3
hours/week!
    But now they have decided to replace me, as
students beg for a "chance at stardom" ( I played 3
hrs. of standards, stride and traditional ragtime )
and I may not be paid ANYTHING for all of this work!!!
     I would GREATLY appreciate some tech who has done
a similar replacement to kindly email their "normal"
price, so I can show it to the appropriate officials
as corroboration, then hope for the best! I am dealing
with University Food Services here, not the School of
Music, and they know nothing about pianos.
     Most Sincerely,
     Gordon Stelter
     P.S. A few days back someone said they routinely
charge $7,000 for this, but I unwittingly deleted the
post. If someone still has it and could forward it,
that would be wonderful! I would be happy to get ANY
portion of that from the University for my toil!
     And I will NEVER work without a detailed, written
contract again!!!!