stringing

Tom Servinsky tompiano@gate.net
Sat, 3 Aug 2002 20:16:43 -0400

-
Why not use a cardboard punching with the size number written on it? You
could put them all in place before you began stringing.

Susan

Better yet, why not use rub-on transfer numbers onto the plate and mark the
scale.  All the office supply houses carry them. Reasonably priced ( $3-$4)
with enough numbers to do 5 or 6 pianos.
I don't know about you but I get a bit grumpy when restringing is done and
the scale is not marked on the plate. In my opinion, it is a courtesy we all
should do for the next person who has to work on the instrument. Not to
mention it reduces stringing errors.
Tom Servinsky, RPT