Tarn-X

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Sun, 4 Aug 2002 11:24:43 -0700 (PDT)

thanks Carl,
    I'd rather not go into all the gory details. Let
it suffice that this stuff is cumulative, and a point
will be reached when your liver says "that's enough"
and goes on hiatus! A chemical taste in your mouth, or
a pain in your abdomen at any chemical odor is a very
serious warning!
     And by then you may have "multiple chemical
sensitivity", in which ALL fumes make you ill ( even
the smell of a newspaper ) and nothing but months in
fresh air will "cure" you. Remember that toxins are
synergistic----- that their danger may be 1,000 times
as great when combined with others (as in lacquer
thinner plus pesticides or fomaldehyde from new
carpet, etc..) I think that those who use volitile
substances professionally may sometimes become
subconciously addicted to the "high" they produce, and
like any other addict go into "denial" about it! I
know refinishers who staunchly refuse to wear masks
when stripping, then expect everyone to be symapthetic
when they get brain cancer! Duh! Wear a mask! The
increase in productivity will far outweigh the cost,
and may prevent real agony later!
     Sincerely,
     Gordon