Estimate on replacing a Steiway Teflon (TM) action with a regular type

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Sun, 4 Aug 2002 11:42:24 -0700 (PDT)

Techs Most Dear,
     Once again I am humbly appealing to you: to
provide me with a rough estimate of how much one
normally charges for totally replacing a Steinway
Teflon (TM) action with felt bushed, and thoroughly
regulating it a la Boone's book.
      I got into a "bad deal" with the Food Service
Dept. at a major University here, where I did all this
work without a detailed contract, and may now not get
paid! Any written testimonials which I may present to
them would be extremely helpful, and most greatly
appreciated!
     Most Sincerely
     Gordon Stelter
P.S. The piano in question is an 1896 "B" which I
salvaged from the junk pile after the University's
staff technicians had declared it hopeless. Someone
put Teflon (TM) shanks and wips on it in the 60's,
then it was "borrowed" by a frat house. ( It was
returned, reeking and battered, in the back of a
pickup truck last year with a sheepish, "We think that
this is yours."  It now plays better than many in the
School of Music, and is used for banquets and special
events by visiting jazz musicians, etc.. So I guess I
did an O.K. job. Please help me get paid. Thanks.