stringing

HazenBannister@cs.com HazenBannister@cs.com
Sun, 4 Aug 2002 20:27:45 EDT

In a message dated 08/04/2002 7:33:56 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Kdivad@AOL.COM writes:

> Hazen, I'm not quite grasping your technique, don't you still have to cut
> wire to exact length?  Are you putting the hitch bend in first and if you
> are doesn't that mean a cut for every pin?  The measuring, cutting and
> manipulating of those cut wires seems time consuming.   Can you elaborate
> further?

David,
  You do have to cut for the exact size,with the wire laying beside you.But
it is still a lot faster,and easier to keep up with,than having to get the
can out every string,pull out the wire,and measure,and you will still end up
measuring exactly anyway.That way when the pins,and wire run out,you know
it's time to change size.We don't think of losing a minute here or there,but
when you do it 200+ times it adds up.I was taught this way,and it seems I
pick up,and put down tools less times this way.
Best,
Hazen Bannister