stringing

Kdivad@AOL.COM Kdivad@AOL.COM
Mon, 05 Aug 2002 18:09:38 -0400

In a message dated Sun, 4 Aug 2002 10:53:30 PM Eastern Standard Time, ilvey@sbcglobal.net writes:

> Nope.  I simply rough cut on the long side.  I do have some waste, but unless I'm cutting for an exact piece of wire, ala I won't need to cut again when stringing, why carefully measure?  I guess if you want to minimize waste...
>
> David I>

Ok, let me get this straight, you rough measure and cut each wire and then put your bend in.  Next you hang the wire on the hitch pin and thread it through the bridge up through the agraffes and then cut each wire again for proper coils and becket line up.  I am not much concerned with waste wire either but I see three cuts for two pins instead of one cut for two pins, am I understanding you correctly?

David Koelzer
Vintage Pianos
DFW