Voicing Technique

Tue, 06 Aug 2002 13:49:08 +0200

Tom Servinsky wrote:

> To me concert level voicing is very analogous to \achieving a beautifully
> manicured golf course green prepared especially, say for the Masters Golf
> Tournament at Augusta on a given day.

Grin..well sure !! and  I am certain just about everyone
agrees in principle.

But lets take a look at this analogy just a bit. You have
say 100 plus golfers plus their caddies and a handfull of
officials tramping on these greens every day, poking all
kinds of holes in the ground, and whatever else happens. Yet
the "voicing" holds through the whole day... if not the
whole tournament. Its not like they get out there and
meticulously cut each blade of grass by hand for every new
ball that hits the green... :)

Cheers !

RicB