stringing

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Tue, 06 Aug 2002 11:58:01 -0500

>Ok I am missing something here, Why do you pull that much wire through?
>
>David Koelzer

Taking the end of the wire I just cut loose from the last string, I skip
the next agraffe hole, thread it into the second one (pointed toward the
tail), and back through the one I skipped (pointed at me) - then wind the
coil on the pin. Then with crank still in hand, I wind the coil on the
previous string, and drive both pins while I have the palm nailer in hand.
Now, to get that string I just threaded through two holes of the agraffe to
reach the hitch requires pulling double the string length through that
second hole. As I do that, I engage the bridge pins on the way out, around
the hitch, engage bridge pins on the way back, pull up the slack, measure
and cut, and thread the end in the next agraffe. I don't pull any more wire
than is necessary to get to the hitch, but double the length still passes
through that second agraffe hole.

Is that better explained?

Ron N