stringing

Kdivad@AOL.COM Kdivad@AOL.COM
Tue, 06 Aug 2002 13:28:42 -0400

In a message dated Tue, 6 Aug 2002 11:58:01 AM Eastern Standard Time, RNossaman@cox.net writes:

> >Ok I am missing something here, Why do you pull that much wire through?
> >
> >David Koelzer
>
> Taking the end of the wire I just cut loose from the last string, I skip
> the next agraffe hole, thread it into the second one (pointed toward the
> tail), and back through the one I skipped (pointed at me) - then wind the
> coil on the pin. Then with crank still in hand, I wind the coil on the
> previous string, and drive both pins while I have the palm nailer in hand.
> Now, to get that string I just threaded through two holes of the agraffe to
> reach the hitch requires pulling double the string length through that
> second hole. As I do that, I engage the bridge pins on the way out, around
> the hitch, engage bridge pins on the way back, pull up the slack, measure
> and cut, and thread the end in the next agraffe. I don't pull any more wire
> than is necessary to get to the hitch, but double the
> length still passes
> through that second agraffe hole.
>
> Is that better explained?
>
> Ron N

I thought you were cutting, putting the cut end through the next agraffe hole from bridge side and then coiling and driving the two pins.
Apparently you want to take you measurement through the agraffe?  I take my measurement over the plate strut, I do have to compensate but with a practice it works well.  It seems it would save feeding all that wire through the agraffe.

David Koelzer
Vintage Pianos
DFW