OT: Question on Lesson Studios

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Tue, 06 Aug 2002 16:03:38 -0600

Hi,

Much better to do a glass window than a door. The panes should be made from
auto glass and should not be parallel i.e. not || but rather |/. Use double
rails for your walls with offset studs so that sheet lead or at least fibre
glass can be woven between them. Remember that a one square inch hole
transmits as much sound as 24 square feet of gyprock.

At 04:23 PM 8/6/02 EDT, you wrote:
>Hi List,
>
> I know this post is a little outside of the expertise of this list but if
>anyone out there in list land does have some pertinent information I would
>defnitely appreciate it.
>
>  If anyone has any experiences with playing or tuning in a studio or with
>studio buildouts, soundproofing technics, etc. we would love to hear about
it.

> Just as an example, one comment we have already received is to make the
>door on the studio a glass door so parents can see their children if they
>so choose.
>
> Also, if you know of a better list to ask this questions of, I too, would
>appreciate that information.
>
> As, again, I realize this topic is a bit Off Topic, feel free to email me
>privately at MoodyPianoInc@aol.com if you would prefer not to clutter the
list.

> Thanks so much,
>
> Lanie