OT: Question on Lesson Studios

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Tue, 06 Aug 2002 20:34:33 -0400

The Fine Arts Center at the high school where I used to teach music had
six very nice practice rooms.  They could have been more soundproof, but
they were fine for our uses most of the time.  Two bits of advice:

1.  Don't rely on an architect to know what you need.  The first set of
drawings we saw showed no attempt at soundproofing at all, even though
we gave him the specifics.

2.  Make sure to get it right the first time.  Get it wrong, and you'll
probably have to live with it as long as the building stands.  I don't
know exactly where to send you for the professional advice, but be sure
to find and use it!

Regards, Clyde