Bent Tuning Pins

Avery Todd avery@ev1.net
Tue, 06 Aug 2002 21:01:13 -0500

Hi Ron,

I asked this for a particular reason. I'm leaving myself wide open here,
but here goes.......

At 07:46 PM 08/06/02 -0500, you wrote:

>>Ron,
>>
>>How is this physically possible? It's not like they were made out of some
>>easily bendable material.
>>
>>Avery
>
>Beats me. I stand in awe and amazement every time I see one of his snaggle
>pinned victims.
>
>Ron N

Priscilla Rappaport recently had to replace all the agraffes in the middle
section of one of our D's that they had rebuilt. (Bad parts.) I walked in
once and she asked me if I had any idea why so many of the tuning pins
"wobbled" as she was backing them out a little.

I "think" I'm a pretty good tuner and cannot imagine how I might have done
it while tuning and since it left the Dallas Symphony (and area, before it
was donated to us. It wasn't there very long), I'm the only person who's
tuned it. And I'm sure Pris or Joel didn't cause it. Plus, they're the ones
(I believe) who were tuning for Dallas at that time. And still are, BTW.

So, I was just wondering if there might be something I'm doing wrong. I've
never had any kind of stability problems, etc. but still, who knows.......
Just thought you might have an idea of how this could happen.

Avery