Broken String

James Gammon jtg5f@cms.mail.virginia.edu
Wed, 07 Aug 2002 00:56:02 -0400

Did I miss something?  Is this request unusually outlandish?  Did I
somehow indicate that I wanted the string pre-tuned, or even thought
that such a thing was possible?  I just happen to be a guy who likes
to fiddle with stuff, and wouldn't mind the experience of putting the
new string in myself.  My understanding is that a new string costs
around $10, so unless this understanding is wrong, it's worth breaking

another one (or two) to a tinkerer like myself to have the experience
of re-stringing it. I know how to tune it to a unison with the
other E3 string.  Perhaps I stand to do serious damage to the piano
somehow?  If this is the case, by all means, I'll have a registered
technician do it.

   Confusedly,

      jame