stringing

Kdivad@AOL.COM Kdivad@AOL.COM
Wed, 07 Aug 2002 10:05:52 -0400

In a message dated Tue, 6 Aug 2002 11:10:32 PM Eastern Standard Time, mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com writes:

> I see the steps being saved here and I like the idea. I have done the precut (three cuts) method before. Because I measure and cut each end in the same manner, I get nice even becket positions. I would fear getting uneven beckets with the one cut method. Any particular trick you use to get them even?
>
> Terry Farrell

Terry, I don't measure wire for the first pin, I just insert  wire through agraffe into the pin, spin three turns, and insert the pin in block (correct position of the becket) and drive to correct height.
I then thread around hitch pin and bridges, across strut to next pin hole, measure from pin hole and cut at correct length, insert through agraffe, into pin, spin and drive.  You will find the correct tension and measurements after a little practice (it will be different from your usual)  I use either the four finger measurement or Jon Pages becket tool, either way you will figure out what works for you to get beautifully lined up beckets.

David Koelzer
Vintage Pianos
DFW