air compressors

Kdivad@AOL.COM Kdivad@AOL.COM
Wed, 07 Aug 2002 10:46:50 -0400

> I would appreciate any recommendations on where to find/buy an AC powered
> air compressor for my shop. I know that there are many choices out there,
> but I'd love to hear from list members who might have one that they like,
> and hopefully one that is reasonably priced. I'm not looking for anything
> elaborate; just something that i could use for blowing out dust and debris
> from piano actions. I've checked the piano supply catalogs but could find
> nothing. Thanks in advance for any help in this regard.
>

> Terry Peterson

Terry a few years ago I would have never suggested this to anyone. I'm not sure how much space you have but if you need a compact compressor (4 gallon tank or so) you can find one through Harbor Freight tools.  Over the last few years their tools have gotten better, especially if you are using it light duty, the cheap prices almost make them throw away if something goes wrong.  I am looking at a very compact, 2hp, 4 gallon unit, for less than $100.00, or a 5hp, 13 gallon unit for $169.00. A very similar Craftsman compressor at Sears is on sale for $300.00. Keep in mind if you are going to need it for heavy duty use you will probably be better off with a higher quality unit.

harborfreight.com

David Koelzer
Vintage Pianos
DFW