Things that willl convert your day's schedule in a dizzy tizzy

Alan R. Barnard mathstar@salemnet.com
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 18:53:35 -0500

Avery et al:

The system in question has that metal rod attached to the back edge of the
key cover and the two metal plates (stampings? pieces? thingies?) on each
side that all has to be unscrewed--including four screws holding little
wooden "stoppers"--just to get the key cover off.

I didn't know old people in a nursing home had such strength but somebody
did a Superman stunt with the bar in one piano. Baldwin BG (Before Gibson)
acted like they had never heard of such an item! I ended up doing
considerable body-and-fender work to get it all straightened, lined up, and
working again.

Then, the day I posted my vigilante letter. I was running late, wrestling
with a Baldwin studio in an Army Chaplain's office--high humidity swings,
old beat-up Baldwin studio. Had to get at those keys and some of the hammer
flanges and don't like working in, on, or around key covers (also was
replacing a bunged up knob) so proceeded to remove .... etc.

Add another negative half hour to my schedule ...

Since you asked. Had a better day today!

Alan R. Barnard
Salem, MO