Bridge pin buzz

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Thu, 8 Aug 2002 09:50:50 EDT

In a message dated 8/7/02 10:23:56 PM Central Daylight Time, Bigeartb@AOL.COM
writes:

> List,
>      Everett, studio.....buzzing bridge pins on several notes in mid
> section....Question------Will CA glue cure this problem...if so how do I
> apply...loosen string -move pin over??No..Yes?? Epoxy Glue???Elmer's Yellow
> Glue??
>      Most of time I use Elmer's..after I loosen string, dobb in Elmer's,
> re-insert pin, sometimes drive a little deeper, sometimes place string on
> opposite side and tighten a bit until glue sets......Is there a better,
> quicker way? -----CA Glue?????
> Tommy Black
> Decatur, Ala.

Tommy

You can use the thin CA glue without removing the strings or the pins, but
you'll have to tip the piano on it's back. Just put a few drops to the side
opposite of where the string touches the pin, allow it to penetrate, and then
zap it. If you can't tip the piano on it's back, then you'll have to loosen
the string and remove the pin. Squirt a couple of drops of CA glue in the
hole, spray some kicker on the pin, and drive the pin in the hole. That will
tighten the pin.

Good luck.

Wim

PS. Did you get my post about giving a class at the next meeting?