Thunk, wunk

Robert Goodale rrg@unlv.edu
Fri, 09 Aug 2002 08:10:40 -0700

Sounds like a loose bass bridge apron to me.  Check to make sure both
sides of the apron are secured and that it isn't leaning one way or
another.  Check the bridge caps to see if they are loose or if the
bridge pins themselves are loose due to cracks.  Down bearing could be
an issue but not likely since the tenor and treble sound good.  The
last, (but not all that likely), theory is that the bass strings are of
poor quality and all of them are sounding this way as a group.  This
would be a bit hard for me to believe that forty something bass strings
all fail all at once but then again...

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV