Thunk, wunk

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 08:37:08 -0700

I did a stringing for a small dealer once. Everything looked and sounded
good the evening I finished the stringing. Brought the action home and made
a few minor repairs to it and return the next day. Slid the action in and I
got a "Thunk, wunk" sound out of a whole bunch of bass strings! Yikes! Was
musing this problem, when the "dealer" wandered in the shop. I asked him if
he had done anything to the strings. Answer: "no". Hmmm? After some
conversation and a little quizzing, I managed to get him to admit that he
was out in the shop, after I left, admiring the job, while sipping his
evening wine. You guessed it, he spilled the wine! Where? On the bass
strings! I tried all sorts of things to get them to come back to life. To no
avail. Solution: another set of bass strings!
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)

I'm never lost, because everyone is telling me where to go. <G>