mystery piano

Mike Kurta mkurta@adelphia.net
Sat, 10 Aug 2002 10:43:26 -0400

    Esteemed colleagues of the list:
    Yesterday I looked at another no-name piano.  It was owned by an =
older lady who is now in a nursing home, the family wants to dispose of =
the instrument.  It stands about 48" tall, straight strung, conventional =
looking action except the capstans are the older two piece adjustable =
type.  It has only one pedal in the middle of the bottom board for =
dampers.  77 keys,  serial number 36857, but no name anywhere.  Nice =
carved front legs, and carving on the upper front panel and sides.  The =
back is covered in a stiff grill cloth.  It has an exposed pinblock with =
many loose pins.  At this point it is untunable.  I have a picture, and =
have sent it several times with no success, so I'm sending just this =
description this time. =20
    Any ideas?  Estimates on value?   Jack Wyatt, are you threre?     =
Thanks......
    Mike Kurta