a rose by any other name...

Tvak@AOL.COM Tvak@AOL.COM
Sun, 11 Aug 2002 09:29:30 EDT

In a message dated 8/10/02 5:07:05 PM, kenrpt@earthlink.net writes:

<< If you have a Decals Unlimited catalog, it can be absolutely anything you

want it to be. >>

Thanks to all for the suggestions.  The above suggestion was actually my
first thought in naming this piano, but after further examining the ethics of
this situation, I decided it would be less deceptive to come up with a
fictitious name that was not actually attached to an existing piano
manufacturer, defunct or not.  Since stenciling has been done for 100 years
and is still being done today, (I tuned a brand-new Sohmer grand last week.
Actually quite a nice instrument with a Renner action and Italian spruce for
the soundboard;  incredible sustain in octave 5 and 6 and a good full
bass---it was made in China.) I felt that there would be less moral conflict
than claiming it was made by So & So, which would be a lie.

I liked the Generic brand suggestion, with the white and black striped
cabinet, and the label, "PIANO".  LOL!!

Tom Sivak